Welcome...

Sit back enjoy...give your opinions...have a laugh...but be nice..or your outta here...:)



Friday, October 7, 2011

Spellman Files and post Hellrun Pics...

Before the Hellrun..(notice the fantastic, horrid WOLFPACK shirts...grrrrr)



                                                                           

         

                  And after...................
                   


Danielle, EYM and I





                As I face a weekend of non Hellrunning...I am faced with possible ..blah. That is the problem with doing something out of place and exciting...you gotta come back to the usual...it is a hard fall at times.


               Non the less, as I just read a comment somewhere on the old web.."A book is a the best cheap vacation you can take..."...True..true..So I thought I would review a book (series) I read a couple years ago.
EYM- who was involved in this author's book signing got me hooked on these...

The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz ..................................

      This is the first of 4...Family is private eyes...Oldest daughter, "Izzy" ..young enough to be funny..to old to be stupid..somewhere around 28 but frozen at 15. She dates idiots...blows off from all responsibility..has a younger sister (Rae) who I can't figure out if she is just overly intelligent or heading the same direction as her sister, but with a higher level of vocabulary. Then there is Henry...and Detective..he is OVERCLEAN..I believe in his early 40's...slightly boring and seems exhausted when Izzy comes around....kind of a George Clooney without personality (like he needs one).

     Her parents are constantly, "bugging" Izzy's car and diving into her life....it is suffocating to say the least. Although it is constantly brought up how the Mother is stunning and no one can figure out why," not so stunning " Dad got her...funnier than heck.

     Izzy is a character you want to smack and yell to grow the hell up...she gives immature a whole new meaning. However, you envy her lack of care and responsibly. She is narcissistic and a serious pain in the ass. Who am I kidding...I was this woman till I married Henry..I mean Todd and had a gaggle of kids.

    Again- this is one of those series that get better as they go on . My favorite is #4...LOVED IT.
If you want a fun, smart ...light mystery this is the book for you.

   Later Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment