Welcome...

Sit back enjoy...give your opinions...have a laugh...but be nice..or your outta here...:)



Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Family Case of Murder (A Lacy Steele Mystery, Book 3) by Vanessa Gray Bartal and Rebecca Tocheff and so much more...

Hola Worshippers...

Day 2 of avoiding running...why? I have been reading Vanessa's dang books, that's why!! I have many..many future sleepless nights ahead of me...

So, a little background on me....I went to catholic school for 10 yrs which managed to turn me into the Largest Religon Phobe in the history of religon . Phobe,  it's a word...well, it worked when I used it playing Words with Friends... (YOUR GOIN DOWN T.L!!!). ...

I didn't say I didn't believe, but I didn't say I did. Don't get all righteous with your pious selves..settle down..

I have been known to take a pic of Kettle Corn at the farmer's market and text it to Friend Tarra with the caption," Stand behind me Satan!!!!!!"....

So given this attitude, books with the mere mention of Christian literature makes me cringe like a Vampire rising with the sun (non sparkly version of course).

I found Lacy Steele books on my pixelink site....Here is a summary of her latest and greatest....




'Lacy Steele has been dispatched to the Hamptons with the tall order to make amends with her estranged sister, Riley, and her ex-fiancé, Robert. The time has come to decide which of her friends to take as her date: Tosh or Jason. As if to add to her already high stress level, she'll be spending the weekend with Robert's certifiable family, and his aunt has declared a ban on dessert.


Sugarless and forced to deal with Riley's never-ceasing drama, Robert's inappropriate advances, and his crazy family's odd behavior, Lacy thinks things can't get any worse until she becomes the suspect in a murder. Now she must unravel the clues to clear her name, but the only way to do that is to become a target herself. (amazon description)'
 
Now, there isn't a huge religious over tone in this series. One of the guys (Tosh) is a Pastor - which is hysterical. The characters are realistic, someone always gets killed but this author is funny. The dialouge is witty without being obnoxious.
 
For you noir loving, zombie, body parts , my life is going to end fans...COME BACK. This is lighter, funnier and just a great way to relax....God knows I could stand to laugh more. So lighten up. Heck, grab her book, deck yourself out in black,  read with a candle in a dark room  if you don't want to completely give up your creepy side. I am nothing if not accomidating to all.  
 
The only thing missing is sex and swearing...now don't run to your Fabio covered nightmare novels you smoochy freaks. There is enough nonsense to keep you happy. You won't miss it, that's the great part. I didn't even notice until I looked up the author and it was pointed out in a review.
 
She has other series. A lot to choose from . Some are more serious, some more fun. How would I know you ask????? Well, I have read 5 books in the last 6 days that's why! Oh the humiliation!!
 
Gunner (soldier series) did speak about religon more freely than Lacy Steele books. I didn't cringe or get flashbacks of Sr. Joanne, it was well done without making me feel like I was being preached at (or living in fear of being sent to the spanking machine...code for ,"paddle".).
 
Give them a whirl.
 
WARNING:  Try to sleep at some point...they are addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment